Tuesday, July 14, 2009

rock climbing

So i have a hobby!

-my mom is so proud

I went for the first time about a month ago with my friend Jameson, and I kind of fell in love. I bought a month pass about 5 days ago for 60 bucks. Climbing shoes are the hardest to find. At least they are if you are as cheap as me. I went to basically every climbing store in vegas. The cheapest I found were 85 bucks... So i started searching on the internet (which is not the smartest thing to do for climbing shoes, because you need them to fit perfectly to your feet). I found some for 43 dollars and i bought them. They came and they fit perfectly, which in rock climbing terms mean the squish all circulation to my toes off:) ha

I've made some pretty good progress. I can now do a real live pull up, which i haven't been able to do in years. There is one route that i have been working on since the first day i went to that gym and I can almost make it to the top.

The first day i went by myself, i ran into a friend from 7th grade who used to be fat. He taught me some stuff and shared his chalk with me.. (which i still need to buy).

Yesterday I met a short hispanic guy who was basically a monkey. I never did catch his name, but he helped me a ton! and he shared his chalk with me.. (at this rate i wont need to buy chalk, just turn the flirt up baby!)

6 comments:

Mikayla Skouson said...

Yeah! First you posted! Second, your hobby is cool! Third, you are cool! Fourth I love you!

In no particular order!
Mikayla

Shelby Lou said...

Almost every person I meet up here is a rock climber. It is crazy.. but they don't do indoor. They do outdoor rock climbing. It is pretty intense! So in turn that means you are intense.

love you.

Mariah said...

That is so cool! And like Mikayla I am very happy you posted something :) Love ya.

Amber said...

hahaha. seriously...this is a hobby that i've always always wanted to pick up but never did...so i'm jealous. and you're gonna be freakin buff. let me know how the flirting goes?

David and Vicki Wardell Family said...

Okay my cookie pal where are you????????????? If summer comes and goes without me seeing you or you getting to see me I will be very sad!!! Love ya

marissa skouson said...

I know! i posted!!! i love you all too!....amber. i knew it... when i first started i thought wow amber and i will have so much fun doing this next year... it ok though!... you can't take rock climbing skills to heaven, but you can take your eternal companion;) So you are a step ahead of me:) i love you alot!