Saturday, January 10, 2009

L-O-V-E

hi. its me marissa michelle skouson. i feel like i should explain the last little blog thing. I just want to tell you that it doesn't necessarily pertain to my life, it just made me cry cuz i was in a weird mood, and dang it, that woman was hurting!. ha ha
I feel like my life is interesting and so full of weird quirks and funny happenings. Things are constantly happening to me that i never would have dreamed in my wildest (well maybe my wildest) but certainly not in my everyday run of the mill average dreams. Everyday Heavenly Father suprises me with blessings I really don't think I am worthy of. I get so many opportunities others don't seem to get to have, and I find so often that i take advantage of them. Seriously if my life could be written in a book, it would just be really good i think. I can't tell you how many times i've been told in the last little while something like "wow, I thought that only happened in movies". Its got so many ups and downs, and twist and turns, and heartache, and love, and stress, and strange coincidences.

I had an amazing talk with an amazing friend today. I am so very very very thankful for her and her insight and just her all around awesomeness. I realised from talking to her many things about myself in the opposite gender area that i hadn't really realised before. I realised that i do have a type of guy that i like (which is totally crazy happening for me!). I also realised that for me, liking someone isn't something that i can make myself work at. The initial 'i like you' from the first meeting or two, (maybe three or four )needs to be there...and then i work from there. I also realised that i love hearing the words "don't go yet" or "just stay a little longer" or don't hang up yet".
I love hearing that they care that i am there, talking to them, sitting next to them. I LOVE IT! I like feeling wanted but not needed necessarily. I like conversation. I like suprise visits for no reason. I like snow fights! I like swinging on swings. I like long drives. I like boys who are just a bit off. I like looking at the stars. I like texts that make me cry in the middle of class. I like forehead kisses. I like being head over heels. I love the knowing. I like it when just sitting next to him makes me happy, when i can be comfortable in the most awkward situation imaginable, because he is there with me, making me laugh. I LOVE IT!

but, sometimes i really wonder why we do it. Love is the only thing i can personally think of where time and time again we say to ourselves "well that really stunk, my heart feels like the whole marching band marched on it (with gum on their shoes), and i've cried so much that i have diarehha (which i spelled incorrectly) because i am dehydrated" and then turn around the next day and say "please o please, lets try that again! sock it to me one more time!" as we are scrapping abc gum off of our faces. Its crazy what we do. We are little stupid stupids, and the saddest part is that we know we are! ha ha ha. But, the best part is that it will be worth it! hopefully someday i will meet mister wonderful,and everything and we will be married and have all boys. but, even if i don't, the more break ups i go through will help to power me with enough hatred toward man that i will be able to form the first mormon convent, and devote all my love to the cats (cuz i will also be a cat lady)... so... i win either way.

i love you all
i'm going to bed
i'm sorry about the whole not making sense, or spelling correctly, even though i am in college
peace

5 comments:

Amber. . . said...

ba ha ha ha ha...simply put...i just like you. and i agree with every word. EVERY word.

Anonymous said...

i seriously cant get enough. you know i love you right because honestly you are so amazing and funny and honest and i just yeah. im glad your back :D love you missed you and I can't wait to hear from you agian. lol


blogging rocks right?!! im not crazy.. this is like the best stuff ever.

Mikayla Skouson said...

Well, I dont know who you are referring to, but the whole thing was really cute riss. I love you! You are kinda off too, but who needs to point those kind of things out! Peace

Devonna said...

We keep trying to love because we have been loved by the best! Oh the blessing we have. Love you!! Mom

marissa skouson said...

(just side note... i'm not talking about anyone in particular... thats just what i like! (here you go kayla!)ha ha